Nothing is worse than breaking down in a storm and getting out to pop the hood. Follow these tips to care for your car and save on maintenance in the long-run.
- Check your battery. Make sure your battery is holding a full charge and that your posts are free from corrosion.
- Change your wiper blades. It’s best to have this done before the first snow storm.
- Check your tire pressure. As temperatures drop, your tire pressure drops too.
- Check your anti-freeze. You should have a 50:50 mixture of water/antifreeze to prevent your coolant from freezing at low temperatures.
- Change your oil. Cold temperatures cause oil to thicken. Changing to a thinner option will help you stay ahead of the problem.
It’s also a good idea to keep your car stocked with food and other emergency supplies like blanket and water. Safe travels this winter!