College Planning Workshop: Six Ways to Cut College Costs
When: Tuesday, January 29 at 7 pm
Where: Englewood Public Library
Sign up below for this free workshop
College planning can be an anxious and overwhelming process for parents, and the consequences of poor planning can leave children saddled with debt.
Parents are asking…
- How am I going to afford sending my child to college?
- Will my child qualify for financial aid?
- What are the different kinds of aid available?
- Will I actually have to pay the sticker price?
- What’s the best way to find the schools that offer the most aid?
- What websites and tools exist to help me?
- How do I determine if a school is worth the cost?
At this workshop, attendees will learn…
- The 6 ways you can reduce college costs.
- How to use a college’s Net Price Calculator to find out what that college will actually cost.
- The 5 sources of financial aid and which ones you should prioritize.
- The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number—how to find yours, and why it’s integral to the financial aid process.
- How grants and scholarships actually get awarded, and which ones are worth going after.
- The difference between government and private loans and how to choose the best ones.
- How to find a college’s graduation rate and why it’s crucial.
- The truth about athletic scholarships and why they aren’t always as desirable as commonly believed.