Divorce is one of the most emotional and stressful experiences a person can go through. When faced with healing a broken heart, addressing the abrupt changes to your family dynamics, and determining the next chapter in your life, your financial well-being may be an afterthought.
But divorces are expensive, and in some cases the monetary effects are long-lasting. That’s why seeking out financial assistance is paramount: after all, many divorce attorneys struggle with the intricate financial details of a divorce, such as tax issues, capital gains, and dividing assets, including pensions.
Due to the financial complexities of this process, we’re hosting a two-part webinar series for divorcees.
In the first webinar, Marc Bautis, Founder and Wealth Manager at Bautis Financial, covers:
- How property and assets are valued and divided in a divorce.
- The difference between separate property vs. marital property.
- The difference between community property states and equitable distribution states.
- How a divorcee can locate hidden assets.
- How retirement funds and future pensions are divided in a divorce.
- And more!
If you have a specific question, or want to discuss how Bautis Financial can help you through this process, you’re welcome to schedule a complimentary consultation with our team of Financial Advisors.