Despite the recent financial crisis and assorted corrections along the way, many are entering the decade before retirement with substantial assets in investment and retirement accounts to supplement their Social Security. The bad news is that the rules associated with how to take distributions from those accounts are complex and not well understood. As a result, retirees are paying substantially more in taxes than they should, which is a shame, as most of these taxes could be avoided or reduced with proper planning.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- How to consider your phase of retirement when tapping into various savings and investments accounts.
- How traditional 401k’s/IRA’s, Roth IRAs, savings accounts, pensions, Social Security and annuities are taxed differently.
- How to best draw on your retirement assets and create a distribution optimization strategy.
- Strategies to practice tax diversification in retirement.
- Why it’s important to be aware of the widow’s penalty.
This webinar was held on Thursday, June 3, 2021. for the webinar. Below is the full webinar replay.
Bautis Financial Learning Center | Key Tax Law Changes | How Tax Planning Changes Through the Retirement | Bautis Financial Learning Center | Bautis Financial: (862) 205-5000
Schedule a complimentary taxes and retirement planning overview with our advisors here.
About the Instructor
Wealth Manager and Founder of Bautis Financial
- Independent Financial Advisor
- 20 Years in the Financial Services Industry
- Author of “The Retirement Fitness Challenge“
- Host of The Agent of Wealth Podcast