When your parents retired, they probably didn’t think too much about Social Security – they just went down to their local office as soon as they turned 65, or maybe 62 if they retired early, and applied for benefits. There weren’t many questions to ask, or much planning involved, if any. Baby boomers need to approach Social Security in a very different way.
People often come to the issue of claiming Social Security with little knowledge about how it works, sometimes overly influenced by myths they’ve heard repeated over the years. In this webinar, we will cover four insights into Social Security and how you can reframe your knowledge of this important aspect to your retirement plan.
In this webinar, Bautis Financial Wealth Advisor John Williams will cover:
- How Social Security benefits are calculated.
- How to estimate your Social Security benefits.
- Factors to consider when deciding when to apply for Social Security.
- Ways to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits.
- How to coordinate Social Security with your overall retirement income plan.
Everyone needs a personalized Social Security claiming analysis to understand when to apply and how their monthly benefit will fit into their overall retirement income plan. Schedule a complimentary Social Security check-up with our advisors below.